As a Business Developer Consultant for La Newyorkina, a premium Mexican style ice-pops manufacturer based in Brooklyn, NY, my mission was to identify potential clients and partners and to re-launch its wholesale unit.
During my 6 months stay at the company, from June to December 2017, the wholesale monthly revenue grew by 6x in comparison to the year before.
I was responsible for leading its customer development process by participating in industry fairs such as the Fancy Food Show and visiting markets who might be interested in local, sustainable, and genuinely artisanal ice-pops. My biggest accomplishments where:
- Initiate and close a deal with Fairway Market to launch the product in all of their 15 groceries stores
- Partner with McMahon’s Farm, a leading wholesale distributor of organic, natural and specialty foods in the New York Metropolitan Area
- Launch product on big retailers such as Foodtown and Park Slope Food Coop
- Launch product in more than 25 restaurants and gourmet shops
- Identify a potential new product line and managed the packaging design process